Register

Donal Skehan - Kitchen Hero

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Donal Skehan - Kitchen Hero

Postby Tom_GoodFoodChannel » Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Hello,

Have any of you seen Irish chef Donal Skehan's programme Kitchen Hero? He's a self taught home cook who has a new TV series called Kitchen Hero that's currently showing on the Good Food Channel.

I thought I'd let you know that this Thursday Irish chef Donal Skehan is answering cooking questions live on Twitter at 6.30pm so if there's anything you would like answered such as how to use a particular ingredient or cook the perfect steak you can send the Good Food Channel your questions.

If you want to post a question here I'll make sure he gets it or you can post it on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/goodfoodchannel or on Twitter by including the hashtag #askKitchenhero in the tweet with your question.

On Thursday if you search Twitter for the hashtag #askKitchenHero you'll see all the updates and we'll try to keep them up there for a little while too.

I hope it's of interest.

Re: Donal Skehan - Kitchen Hero

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Tom_GoodFoodChannel wrote:Have any of you seen Irish chef Donal Skehan's programme Kitchen Hero? He's a self taught home cook who has a new TV series called Kitchen Hero that's currently showing on the Good Food Channel.

Err - if he is a self taught home cook, he isn't a chef is he? He doesn't run a brigade?

Also please teach your continuity announcer to pronounce his name - I've been wondering what on earth it was for weeks (Sounded like Donald coughing attack)

Other than that, I quite like him!

Postby hungryhousewife » Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Ha! Ha! No beating about the bush then Sue! :lol: :lol:

Tom food channel - it sounds interesting, and I would love to watch, but sadly don't get the food channel - I think it is a satellite channel isn't it?
Is the progamme likely to end up on the Food Network? Or is that a ridiculously silly question?
Yours ignorantly
HH

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Ouch!!!

Postby irishcountry-cousin » Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 am

I'm not a fan of Donal. He just does not have the depth of knowledge i am after. But my daughter likes him and thinks he is cool 8-) , so I guess I am not his 'target market' ;)

Postby Tom_GoodFoodChannel » Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Tee hee, so it seems Donal's liked but not overly for his cooking expertise. Fair enough!

hungryhousewife wrote:

Tom food channel - it sounds interesting, and I would love to watch, but sadly don't get the food channel - I think it is a satellite channel isn't it?
Is the progamme likely to end up on the Food Network? Or is that a ridiculously silly question?
Yours ignorantly
HH

In response to your question hungryhousewife, Good Food Channel is on Sky channel 247 and Virgin channel 260. As far as I've heard the Food Network isn't planning on running the show but to be honest I know about as much as you on that one.

Stokey Sue wrote:
Err - if he is a self taught home cook, he isn't a chef is he? He doesn't run a brigade?

Also please teach your continuity announcer to pronounce his name - I've been wondering what on earth it was for weeks (Sounded like Donald coughing attack)

Other than that, I quite like him!

Those Irish pronunciations ay Sue, next time we're recording them I'll pass on the message about that one - or buy some cough sweets.

Postby hungryhousewife » Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Tom - I don't have a satellite dish at the mo, so rely on what's on the normal box. I will have to wait to see it.
Thanks though for taking the time to reply, and good luck with the programme ;)
HH

Return to TV & Radio