Register

the mssing epi of HB best of british

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

the mssing epi of HB best of british

Postby mark111757 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 pm

was wondering if any knows when the "dairy" episode of this series will air....bbc food, of course offered no clue....

thanks all

Re: the mssing epi of HB best of british

Postby jeral » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 pm

As far as I can find out from the Net, "Best of British" is not being aired here at the moment. There's an episode list here if it helps, maybe Ep.29? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017msx7/episodes/guide

What's on here currently is "The Hairy Bikers' Tour of Britain".

As I don't watch them, others might well now better than I.

Postby mark111757 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

morning jeral

sorry for the confusion....the just ended series of HB best of british....there was an epi that did not air, that was pre-empted as there was taped coverage of margret thatchers funeral....and i have not seen any mention of that epi anywhere.....i posted a note on the HB website asking and i see that someone else did too....

thanks for the link

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 pm

mark111757 wrote:was wondering if any knows when the "dairy" episode of this series will air....bbc food, of course offered no clue....

thanks all

I have seen this episode but in a sneaky way, via our catch up service. It was due to air on the day that Margaret Thatcher died and there was a sequence which criticised her stopping the free milk for schools policy that was in place at the time. Not surprisingly, the programme got swapped for another in the series out of respect for her family. Luckily, the kind folks at Virgin Media decided to put both this programme and the replacement one onto the catch up service together. Not sure if it went on BBCiPlayer though.

Hope this explains everything Mark!

Postby Suelle » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 am

strictlysalsaclare wrote:

I have seen this episode but in a sneaky way, via our catch up service. It was due to air on the day that Margaret Thatcher died and there was a sequence which criticised her stopping the free milk for schools policy that was in place at the time. Not surprisingly, the programme got swapped for another in the series out of respect for her family. Luckily, the kind folks at Virgin Media decided to put both this programme and the replacement one onto the catch up service together. Not sure if it went on BBCiPlayer though.

Hope this explains everything Mark!

I guessed that was the reason for the episode being pulled, but I don't really understand why it wasn't shown at the end of the series.
The blog which does what it says on the tin:

http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Me neither Suelle, but maybe it was still a little close to her funeral for the Beeb's comfort....

Postby mark111757 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 am

evening one and all

was snooping around the radio times website and i found that according to that, the missing epi of the hairy bikers-BOB is sked to be aired fri may 10 at 7pm on bbc2....mark it on your calenders!!

:crossed

and a big thanks to everyone for your comments!!

Return to TV & Radio