Register

Simon Hopkinson Cooks

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Re: Simon Hopkinson Cooks

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:I'm enjoying watching him and getting hints and tips

But i do feel that I wouldn't want to eat all 5 courses of most of the menus, and if he is showing us how to cook a menu I wish he'd give us some advice on the timing - the project management; i can see no way of serving some of these menus without abandoning the guests for an hour while I retreated to the kitchen between courses, perhaps he'll address that in the book (not out until September)

I think I'm feeling the same way as you SS. We had a 3 course meal tonight which was very filling. It's also unusual for us to do this, even on Christmas Day! Again a time plan would be useful. I must admit that on the rare occasions we have friends over for supper I keep it simple. Two courses, and preferably dishes like fish pie that can be prepared up to a certain point before cooking, plus a chilled pudding.

Again like you OMCO, the beetroot jelly thing sounded like a right old faff and I think I lost the will to live at step 5 or 6! Luckily Mr Strictly doesn't like borscht when it's served hot so I can't see myself attempting the jelly! We do both like beetroot though - yes, even the pickled stuff!

Previous

Return to TV & Radio