Register

The Roux Scholarship

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

The Roux Scholarship

Postby Dena » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Starting next Monday 10th on "Watch" 7.00 p.m.
http://www.rouxscholarship.co.uk/index.php

Sounds brilliant :thumbsup

I've set to record it.

Roux Masterclass on Good food at 8 p.m. on the 11th.

Re: The Roux Scholarship

Postby jeral » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:57 pm

The programme was mentioned on this week's Saturday Kitchen so I was looking forward to it. Not to be since it's on SKY and Virgin Media but not Freeview, boo hoo. I'd have thought it would be on a terrestrial channel but it looks like, Dena, you'll have to give us Freeeview-ites a running commentary instead *pretty please smiles sweetly*

Wasn't it MJR who took some unemployed youngsters to train them in hotel management a few years back i.e. front of house, cheffing and somelier duties? That was well worth watching, so if it was him, then this new programme should be also - if you can get it.

Postby Dena » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

I'll try jeral.

Not sure what you can get on Freeview but there is a Roux masterclass starting on UKTV Good Food - it starts at 8 p.m. tonight.

Postby jeral » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Nope, can't get UKTV food on Freeview, only Food Network which is fine for repeats of things about three years old since cooking doesn't change that much lol. So, the microphone is still firmly in your hands :mrgreen: Only kidding as that is asking way too much, but a good reminder for those who can receive the programmes 8-)

Postby Dena » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 am

Hi jeral, I found the recipes from the Roux Masterclass and have posted them on the Food forum :thumbsup

Tonight I watched Andrew Fairlie with his hare dish and then Raymond Blanc with his pistachio souffle. Wow, they make it look so easy.

Postby jeral » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Many thanks Dena :)

I spotted the other thread and will certainly keep my eyes on it.

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 am

cant recall if this was posted

http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/9525

go down the page most of the way and you will see

THE ROUX MASTERCLASS

and the recipes

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:28 am

btw, from what i can see

the roux scholarship is a 10 part series (shown on WATCH)

and the roux masterclass is a 7 part series (shown on GOOD FOOD and GOOD FOOD+)

:-)

(atleast if i read the radio times right)

Postby Dena » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 am

Well, I thought it a most disappointing series. What did everyone else think (those that did watch).

I thought it was going to be about serious cooking but it turned out to be - well to me it did - a programme that couldn't make up it's mind what to be. I had recorded it so that I could watch at my leisure and have deleted most without watching. The Roux masterclass turned out to be taken from the scholarship series (two programmes for the price of one). But the thing that finished it for me was when the contestants had been taken to the Swiss Alps to cook for one of the senior Roux Bros. we were entertained ( :?: ) by performances on the alphorn :evil: Even seeing the chefs trying it.

Neither fish nor fowl.

If you want the actual recipes Mark, I posted a link to them on the food board on the 11th June :thumbsup

Return to TV & Radio