Register

Health Freaks - home remedies tested Ch.4

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Health Freaks - home remedies tested Ch.4

Postby jeral » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Mondays at 8.30pm Ch.4. 6 x 30min programmes.
First one aired already on Mon 21st.

Write-up: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... l-4-series

Some weird and wonderful remedies put forward in the first programme...

Re: Health Freaks - home remedies tested Ch.4

Postby Alison Wright » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:34 am

I recorded it on Monday & looking forward to seeing what WD-40 is a remedy for? :?

BTW, I love the Hard Disk Recorder you cleverly helped me with last year. :thumbsup The title list is back up to 82% AGAIN! - with progs I really should be watching ..... including .....

Four eps of Ramsay's Home Cooking,
Two eps of Gino,
Numerous eps of S/Kitchen,
Three eps of Bizarre Foods America - (Drama Channel & really excellent!)
River Cottage to the Fore
Two eps of Val/Warner What to Eat Now,
Tom Kerridge two eps,
& Iceland in the Freezer.

I don't know if or when I'll get to watch them all, but like you once said ... "There just 'ain't enough hours in the day!

However - I'll come clean! for my sins I've been watching some old re-runs on daytime TV lately. 'Allo 'Allo & Are You being Served are so daft but so funny, & all the episodes of Tenko which I loved but missed lots of the eps years ago.

But my favourite has to be Frasier which I'd never seen before, but OH has & records them & they're just hilariously witty & years ahead of their time. (every morning C4 - about 8am-ish)

Apols for going so far off topic :stfu

Re: Health Freaks - home remedies tested Ch.4

Postby jeral » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:10 am

Hi. WD-40 is apparently used by people to ease aching joints. Programme quote: "widespread use caused WD-40 to carry a disclaimer". The docs recommend against using it by the way. (Can't say I'm surprised since my can of it contains petroleum distillates.)

It's a programme I'll watch for the series - call it curiosity about the bizarre.
---

Glad you're happy with the recorder. You can copy/store to an external drive although you'd still be pulling some all-nighters to get through 'em all. I reckon Frasier at 264 episodes is 88hrs viewing time (excl ads and credits) but laughter is always a good medicine :)

Return to TV & Radio