Register

Spring's Supermarket Secrets

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Spring's Supermarket Secrets

Postby Alison Wright » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:11 pm

"In the latest of an occasional, seasonal series, Greg Wallace, goes behind the scenes to discover how they work out what to put on the shelves during the spring"

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ct2f8 ... et-secrets

Re: Spring's Supermarket Secrets

Postby jeral » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 pm

It's tonight, BBC1 9-10pm. I'll watch it. Probably seen it all before when at holiday times consumers drive supermarkets (rather than them us) so production lines switched etc, but we'll see...

Postby mark111757 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 pm

afternoon all.....will prolly check it out too

how about some pastel coloured M and Ms for easter time :-)

Postby Happy Violas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

I've really enjoyed the series - puts into perspective how the supermarkets deliver what they do and I love seeing the use of technology and Greg Wallace's enthusiasm for it. Nice to have a positive spin on supermarkets for a change :clap :clap :clap

Postby Alison Wright » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Happy Violas wrote:I've really enjoyed the series - puts into perspective how the supermarkets deliver what they do and I love seeing the use of technology and Greg Wallace's enthusiasm for it. Nice to have a positive spin on supermarkets for a change :clap :clap :clap

Me too, I could watch it for hours. I like the idea of supermarkets 'spilling the beans' especially banging the tray of hot cross buns when they come out the oven to get a higher, lighter bun, I'll remember that!

Enjoyed the item on fish too, good to know some s/markets are mindful of only sourcing certain seasonal species after they've spawned & at their best - & also offering & promoting lesser-known fish like gurnard, ling, hake & pollack.

Say what you like about Greg Wallace, he's the perfect presenter for this series, his genuine, boyish exuberance made me LOL!

Return to TV & Radio