Register

Celebrity Masterchef

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Celebrity Masterchef

Postby Dee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Starts Tues BBC1. Kiki Dee, Wayne Sleep & Jodie Kidd among the contestants. Thought they wouldn't be too interested in cooking being as Kidd & Sleep had to keep their weight so low during their careers.

Re: Celebrity Masterchef

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Dee wrote:Starts Tues BBC1. Kiki Dee, Wayne Sleep & Jodie Kidd among the contestants. Thought they wouldn't be too interested in cooking being as Kidd & Sleep had to keep their weight so low during their careers.

Some people get to enjoy the challenge of cooking good food against those constraints - Colin Jackson the hurdler being a good example, he was on a couple of programmes about healthy eating. And of course, Matt Dawson. And all those 5:2 recipes

Postby jeral » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Doh, missed it yesterday Tues 10th at 9pm BBCl, so I'll be doing an iPlayer catch-up.

It's on next tomorrow, Thurs 12th BBC1 - BUT at 8pm.

Dunno after that...

Postby Alison Wright » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Quite surprised Emma Barton (mid 30's?) has never made a burger or cooked chips (yesterday's show) Nor eaten or made a prawn cocktail (tonight) :shock:

JB is looking good though :thumbsup

Postby jeral » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Looking at some of the dishes presented last night which were rather, er, ill conceived, it made me thank my lucky stars that I've had so much help via this and the old Beeb forum in the past.

A turning point often for those lucky enough is cooking in the professional restaurant so it's still early days yet...

Postby mismatched » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:45 am

Alison Wright wrote:Quite surprised Emma Barton (mid 30's?) has never made a burger or cooked chips (yesterday's show) Nor eaten or made a prawn cocktail (tonight) :shock:

JB is looking good though :thumbsup

I never believe statements like that, it is fairly obvious that Millie, one of this weeks contestants, has been on a cookery course somewhere.

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:21 am

Mr Strictly and I are really enjoying this series. We're loving that there is no clear-cut winner at the moment, although I think Millie is in with a chance. I also never thought I would get inspiration from Leslie Ash in how to do Mr Strictly's birthday pud this year. We were recently in Co. Durham, not far from Northallerton and had a meal with some of my in-laws in the Bettys Tearoom there. Mr Strictly wanted a Chocolate and Raspberry Bombe for his pudding but they ran out. Guess what I've offered to make him? I've been racking my brains ever since working out to how to present it besides layering it up in a glass. But the brownie bowl idea is perfect, especially as I can cook the brownies in a muffin tin and luckily have the right sized glass to create the bowl shape.

Postby jeral » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Well, this year's celebrity has now been crowned and I've thoroughly enjoyed the series :) Looking forward to the Professionals now...

Mostly it tends to be "feel good" TV rather than car crash so it was sad to see Wayne losing his nerve a bit, I suspect maybe he's happier as one of a team - who wouldn't be under that sort of pressure?

The winner's dishes did look stunning and apparently the flavour was great - so well done ............... :clap

Oops! edited out name in case anyone's not see it yet.

Return to TV & Radio