Register

New Series Starting from Mon Sep 1st

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

New Series Starting from Mon Sep 1st

Postby Alison Wright » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:06 am

Jamie's Comfort Food - Six parter Mondays C4 8 - 8:30
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jami ... sode-guide
A Taste of Britain 20 parter BBC1 3:45 - 4:30 weekdays
with Janet Street-Porter & Brian Turner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04gtxw1

Re: New Series Starting from Mon Sep 1st

Postby Mamta » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks Alison, I will put it on record now (y)

Postby Alison Wright » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Did anyone watch Jamie last night?

Nice to see him out & about in the garden with his little boy Buddy, & I'm pleased he's ditched the manic test kitchen format of previous series with all those young kids milling around.

Not sure if Mr & Mrs Average will feel inspired to cook what he made last night. Although I would happily have eaten the burger if someone else cooked it, but with such long drawn-out prep & faff for that & the pavlova - I'll pass thanks.

I'm not that keen on pasta, but would even pasta lovers pay good money for a large lobster for a mac'n'cheese?

I was a bit disappointed with the food he cooked, but I still like him, have some of his books & made a lot of his recipes so I'll keep watching.

Taste of Britain is recorded.

Postby mark111757 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 am

i enjoyed both shows...agree on the mac and cheese thing tho....it certainly looked good....

at least we did not hear from our friends mr chili and mr tomato....and we did not hear stylee (or at least i did not)......of the recipes, i would try the mac and cheese one first

enjoyed a taste of britain....i remember brian turner from cooks challenge with AWT.....and janet street-porter was a great foil for gordon on the F word.....wasnt she also in a noon time show either on itv or ch 4 called loose women as a rotating guest?

it would have been nice if there were printed recipes some where for what brian turner cooked.....other than that, not bad at all

Return to TV & Radio