Register

Masterchef The Professionals Tues 4 Nov

What do you think about the food programmes being broadcast?

Masterchef The Professionals Tues 4 Nov

Postby jeral » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 pm

BBC2 8pm 21 episodes

Scheduled for: Tues, Wed and Thur all at 8pm

Don't if they'll stick to those days/times though.

Marcus Wareing is the demanding head honcho, aided by Monica and Gregg.

Here's the Guardian's take on Marcus taking over: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... fessionals

Re: Masterchef The Professionals Tues 4 Nov

Postby Renée » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:29 pm

I have always liked Marcus Wareing and he was kind to a chef who was terribly nervous, the other night. I do miss Michel, though.

It was an interesting article, jeral and this made me snigger: " Or maybe he'll be the judge to finally lose his temper with Gregg's bellowing." Fingers crossed! :thumbsup

Postby jeral » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

I must be mellowing as I'm finding that some of Gregg's comments as "the diner" are quite reasonable (to me). Perhaps he feels less cowed by Marcus/Monica than he did by the Michel/Monica good cop/bad cop act?

Some weird basic errors this week - like semi-raw veg. Doing a game bird wrong, fair enough, but veg?

Incidentally, if choux buns on a croquembouche are meant to stick to each other (not the mould), how does one eat them? Pull one off and squirt creme on everyone? A Ferrero Rocher tower could have its advantages ;)

Postby Renée » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 am

I just couldn't understand why the croquenbouche was made in that way. I made one once and just piled them into the shape. It probably didn't look as impressive, but mind you theirs didn't!!! What a mess some of them were!

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:12 pm

I hate to admit that I've quite enjoyed the programmes I've seen this week (3 of them!).

Preparing the woodcock was a particularly spiteful thing to impose on them (has anyone here come across woodcock on any menu they've been given?), and I didn't understand why the chefs who cut all the crackling off the belly were given praise when the one who left it on was admonished :-(

I do find Greg's comments pointless when he is in the company of such revered cooks, for instance his knowledge of the butchery of both the woodcock and the belly was entirely down to have seen Monica doing it 5 minutes earlier, and as is always obvious, Monica has her own way of doing things. Mind you, the guy who ripped the wings off the woodcock deserved to go home immediately!

Return to TV & Radio