Register

What would you like for Christmas?

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

Re: What would you like for Christmas?

Postby jeral » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:
Lou wrote:What happened to surprises OMCO?

I know, I know! But at least I get things which I really want/need! I will get some surprises off him.

Ooo-er Missus! :oops: Sorry, couldn't resist.

One thing I've worked out that doesn't go well is buying anything practical (even if the couple will get years of use from it) and it is poo-poo'd for not being scent or aftershave (i.e. something personal). Humorous books that tend to be around at Xmas can be handy for time when draw a blank on anything else.

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Jeral. I ended up buying a few things from here...

http://www.monstersupplies.org/

...jars of the flavoured salt made from 'tears shed whilst chopping onions' and jars of the 'collywobbles' sweets :D

I think I'm also going to get a few of those coffee table books as presents... spa hotels in the UK, boutique hotels in Europe etc etc. Either some of the Mr and Mrs Smith books or this site has a few good ones...
http://www.giftatelier.com/all-gifts.html

A few bottles of wine and that's friends/couples presents sorted. If I have time I quite like the thought of making home made nutella too, to include with the other presents.

Postby hungryhousewife » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 am

Oh I love reading all your ideas! I really love the sound of the hair brush thing! Must look out for it, as I am rather a 'fuzzy head' without straightners/tongs etc!

We are going to my sister for Christmas - the first time ever! They have just bought a lovley new house and have put out a request that 'no one is to spend more than £5 on a present'!!! Well - this is rather limiting, and although I am all in favour of not going mad on extravagant pressies, I equally want to buy things that will be useful rather than junk!

So far I have bought my brother in law an enormous box of Amaretti biscuits (Costco - they were actually £6.99, but still great value!), a little milk jug for my mum, for my father I have spray painted an old biscuit tin and written the name of his boat on the top - filled it up with 'ship's biscuits', I will probably give my sister a hunk of Parmesan, or some home made marmalade. Hubby will get some extra bits and bobs, but as we all have birthdays between August and September - most of us in November, we usually do the bigger things for birthdays and just stockings and something simple for Christmas. Obviously lots of chocolate coins, Terry's Chocolate Oranges, and tangerines in stockings!!

I love sugared almonds!

Like Joan - my main wish is for Healthy Happy Families and no bickering! :newhuggy

HH

Postby Lil'Abby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Currys are selling the 50mm Big Hair for £34.99 at the moment. :balls

Postby Lil'Abby » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Based on this thread, I decided to treat myself to one. Curry's are now selling them for £29.99! Absolute bargain. :gonzo

Loving that Gonzo. :lol:

Postby WWordsworth » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

a waistline....

Previous

Return to Chatterbox Archive