Register

Coincidences

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

Coincidences

Postby jeral » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Can anyone work out the odds for this? It's a bit beyond my maths skills:

Catch bus to hospital. Lady gets on later and sits next to me. (Conversed slightly that traffic was unusually light.) 3 hrs later, catch bus home. Someone kindly gave up seat (all other seats occupied) and who do you think my seat partner was?

4 buses an hour, perhaps 7 hrs of "likely" buses, so with 23 poss seats, it'd be 1 in 644 of being on a seat (not a specific seat), going one way during that time - same coming back. The chances of both of us occupying the same two seats there and back must be phenomenal - especially as she'd then caught a train (and back) for a lunch appointment before catching bus home. As if that wasn't enough, she also had pre-decided to get off the bus at a stop near shops (not her usual one), but same one I get off at.

Sorry if boring you all but who'da thunk it?

Re: Coincidences

Postby pollyanna » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 am

Is this the beginning of a romance??

Re: Coincidences

Postby jeral » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:13 am

Tee hee. Yey - could be a script for a movie :)

Just two women on a bus, well two buses (there and back). Chatted on the way home and I do wonder if I'll bump into her again (not sure why Fate would determine that I would), though I'm hopeless at faces so probably wouldn't know even if I did... Watch this space?

Return to Chatterbox Archive