Register

History museum London

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

History museum London

Postby auntisue » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm

just thought I would share what happened with my family this week. my 2 grandchildren,my husband andmyself were approached by a spanish woman. Her phone couldnt access the roaming ..... could I ring a number for her as she had a meeting to be at. I was just about to consider it when warning signals went off in my head. I quickly said we had to be somewhere quickly andsorry no. Thought it was a scam and as my son has since said she could have accessed my phone and bank details etc. Just a warning as she seemed to nice!
sue

Site Admin

Re: History museum London

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up - for a fraction of a second there I felt sorry for the Spanish lady missing her meeting, but then I thought, aren't there still phone boxes all round London anyway, the way we used to get in touch?

Postby auntisue » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm

sakkarin it is so frightening, as it was I have a very old phone I took over from my daughters, so they wouldnt have got any info from me. My friend was robbed at a very vulnerable time not long after she was widowed, guy at the front of the house,accomplice going in at the rear and raiding her bag. She felt such a fool. And I wasnt taking any chances.
sue

Postby jeral » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:22 pm

I've been scammed by voluntarily giving someone physical cash after they'd tugged at my heart strings. Praying on the goodwill of others must inevitably make people think twice about helping and it's those in genuine need that'll suffer. In an establishment like a museum, I'd probably have suggested that they asked to borrow a reception phone and warning bells would have rung with me too.

My son has a "fancy" phone (mine isn't) that runs out of battery sooner than you can say boo to a goose, apparently a problem with all singing all dancing ones, so he'd have a perfect excuse for not lending his phone out!

Postby auntisue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am

Wish I had thought of sending her inside the museum to use their phone, my phone is not a fancy phone didn't know they run out quick will remember when it happens to me again and use that as my excuse

Return to Chatterbox Archive