Register

Britsh TV in France

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

Britsh TV in France

Postby cherrytree » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:15 am

We don't watch a lot of British TV in France although even if we wanted to the choice we have is extremely limited. We have a satellite dish and I am sure that if I went to M. Phlix in Marvejols he should be able to get us more channels.What do we ask for?

Re: Britsh TV in France

Postby spotteddick » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

You just point the dish at Astra 2F SAT which is just West of South 28.3°, depending on what area you are in will set what size dish you would require (the bigger the better). You will of course require a receiver, but you don't need a sky box any reciever will do, but if you want to get HD then of course you require an HD reciever. also if you want the possibilty of watching one programme while recording another you will require a t least a double feed LNB (that is the business end of the SAT Dish).
You should then be able to get all of the free to view programmes

Here is a link that may interest you

http://www.uk-satellite-tv.co.uk/satell ... 03674.html

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Cherrytree

Dick is absolutely correct.

We used to have a Sky box but when we (really) fell out with Mr Murdock we just removed the card and got Free Sat.

However we decided last year that just sometimes there are two programme we want to watch at the same time so we bought a Freesat HD + box from Amazon and our usual TV man fixed it, and the extra cable, at a very reasonable cost. Our French digi box comes from the aerial, not the dish.

The only reason I had Sky was so that I could watch my beloved Newcatle United - until son pointed out that every match is available on line. Indeed the day we landed on Long Island, Bahamas we realised that S-I-L was a bit down because he couldn't see the Grand Slam rugby - we sorted him out and, especially as they won, we gained multiple Brownie points.

Postby cherrytree » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Thank you, both of you. I have eventually shown this to my husband and I shall go and see M. Phlix ASAP.

Postby NovaRoddy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:26 pm

How is it?

Return to Chatterbox Archive