Register

Aaaaargh!

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

Re: Aaaaargh!

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Here we go again. I think I am going to write a book!

Two days ago our neighbour called to say she had to go away unexpectedly for 4 days. Could we feed kitty and also she was expecting a bike to be delivered for small person's birthday but the firm had just rung to say it couldn't be morning as arranged but only after she had left.

She gave them, with our permission, our name and telephone number. Evening came- no call no delivery. Next day ditto, and there was a storm. Today M went next door to check DD's house and there, soaking wet and tucked behind her gate was said parcel. Now Sonia is our nextdoor neighbour ( on the north side) but DD's house with clear name on gate is two houses round the block from Sonia on the South side.

As the parcel wasn't signed for I assume any damage would be the firms responsibility but as small person has his birthday the day after they get back ........... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby jeral » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:40 pm

It's hard to believe isn't it as a delivery person wouldn't want his/her own goods left literally lying around willy nilly. Better get it on record to them soonest that you consider it unacceptable on behalf of your neighbour. I don't know if you can check for any damage. I agree about it not being signed for, although as I mentioned somewhere I think, I know that our PO has at least once signed for a parcel "for me" so it wouldn't be hard for them to conjure up a signature, so best to confirm that neither you nor M signed for it.

This is all probably self evident but I'm just feeling cross that it happens.

PS Did anything transpire about the earlier parcel misdelivered to (i.e. intended for) your inlaw?

Postby Joanbunting » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Jeral

Do you mean the gift voucher that was spent by a neighbour?

Amazon reimbursed me and the culprit was informed that both the company, the family and the police knew what he had done and as you might imagine all the other neighbours got to know too. The police by the way said in the end it wasn't worth pursuing. :roll: :roll:

Postby jeral » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Glad to hear Amazon "done good by you". As for the neighbours, they should have harkened the words: Be sure your sins will find you out.

Postby Renée » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:40 am

The name "Yodel" sounded familiar, so I must have had something delivered by them. I did a search for "Yodel reviews" and the results weren't surprising!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews251651.html

Postby jeral » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Just heard on a stand-up comedy show.
Topic = lost in the jungle and survival:

"So, I'm at home home and there's an 8ft anaconda coming through the letter box! [He gasps in shock.]

I think it's an Amazon mix up." endquote

Luv it as a joke, though I'm honour bound to say that I'm fine with Amazon deliveries.

---

My favourite quip was:

"And here's how to make a snare. [Me immediately of course thinking a trap to catch food or enemies, so what's coming next? This...]

Just in case, God forbid, you have to improvise a jazz-style drum solo."

Fell off my chair at that one.

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Have to report a semi-miracle.

We had two new armchairs delivered a couple of days ago. They rang the day before to check we would be in, they stated a time and when m asked if they needed clear directions they said they didn't because the driver knew the hameau.

As it happened they turned up an hour ahead and M hadn't got home but the driver and his mate were most helpful even when i explained that the chairs had to be "posted" through the library door on the second floor, but at the back of the house only a little way off the ground. One of them offered to come up and catch the chairs while the other posted them.

They initially refused my offer of coffee but when i assured them it would be espresso not instant they accepted and we were happily chatting over a cup when M arrived back. They even refused a tip!!!!!!!

Well done La Redoute

Postby jeral » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Yey, well done those delivery peeps. It's strange that some are as helpful as can be and others says "not my problem, luv". Helpfulness above the call of minimum duty is something I get the urge to rattle off an email to "formally" confirm my satisfaction. Ironically, such help should be the norm really when it's genuinely needed.

I had a day of waiting in today. I was so impressed to get an email this morning saying my goods had been despatched via a named carrier as I only ordered them just after Fri midnight. By 7pm tonight, I thought I'd see if there was an update. That's when it dawned on me that Mon 22nd is next Monday. Oops! :lol:

Edit: Update as of Tues 16th. Package arrived today so almost a week early 8-) I'm sure no-one's interested but hey ho.

Postby jeral » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Latest order via internet - I'm not doing too well, but will know better next time:

I received a text from the delivery company saying the item would be delivered on 31 Oct (then being tomorrow) but to text back 1,2,3,4 or 5 if "tomorrow" not acceptable. I typed 31 is fine thanks, and got a reply saying my request to delay was acknowledged and now due on 5 Nov - Doh! Beware automated systems. I tried to get it changed back via email and comment on their website but no reply.

Clearly I should have left well alone so my own fault for saying thanks. Hey ho.

Postby jeral » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 pm

What is it about boilers? Well, except Sod's Law that they'll break down when it's the coldest it's been so far... :roll: Pleased to say that it's up and running again after three days of getting frostbite and boiling kettles. Even my hot water bottle was in cahoots as it perished and leaked all through the duvet, Doh! My plumber tells me that his daughter is off to Australia tomorrow, where in Sydney it was reported as being 40+°C - Yikes - talk about the sublime to the ridiculous.

Anyway, on travels, Bill Bailey (comedian) was on the Graham Norton Show and recounted an experience in China where a restaurant had all manner of things on display to select to eat, including an owl of all things. Taking pity on it, he asked for it as a take-away, to which the restaurant agreed and promptly wrapped it in Sellotape and put it in a box then handed it to him. He relates that he had great fun translating to a Mandarin-speaking taxi driver that he wanted to go to a forest. Once arriving, he tried to explain that the driver had to hold the owl's talons whilst he cut the Sellotape off; quote "There isn't a phrasebook in the world..."

Previous

Return to Chatterbox Archive