Register

A French "furniture" chain

Christmas, Easter, Birthday, Hanukkah, Diwali and Ramadan chat.

A French "furniture" chain

Postby cherrytree » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Please can our French correspondents help? There is a chain in France that sells in sort of warehouses end of line furniture, some seconds and other bits and pieces. They are in cities and large towns and we have forgotten what they are called. Thank you.

Re: A French "furniture" chain

Postby Tatihou » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 pm

I can only think of Emmaüs ? Or Troc ? But neither of those are just furniture shops - and the stuff is mainly second-hand though there is often some new end-of-lines.

Postby cherrytree » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 pm

It's Troc! Thank you so much. There was an article in "France" magazine a couple of years ago about it and my husband found the one in Clermont Ferrand. He lost all his information on his mobile soon afterwards, didn't put the details in the sat-nav and then forgot the name. Thank you so much for your help.

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Cherrytree

So the house is nearly ready ? Hope all is going well.

Tatihou mentioned Emmaus. As far as I know they are a church charity shop that, as she says deal in all sorts of household things.

If you are actually there, so to speak, there are lots of brocantes and antique fairs at this time of year and if you are prepared to haggle you can get some good things at reasonable prices. I bought two lovely old local-style carver chairs a couple of years ago for half the asking price of €210.00 and an old washstand for €45.00.

Postby cherrytree » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Yes the house is nearly done and in fact one of my daughters,her husband and baby are there now. We go soon.Troc is very useful for bits and pieces and as you say so are all the flea markets and I just adore vides greniers!

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 pm

cherrytree wrote:Yes the house is nearly done and in fact one of my daughters,her husband and baby are there now. We go soon.Troc is very useful for bits and pieces and as you say so are all the flea markets and I just adore vides greniers!

Great news Cherrytree! I hope you and your family enjoy many happy years there :D :D :D

Yes, don't forget the vides greniers!! One day I'll vide ours :crossed :crossed

Return to Chatterbox Archive