Register

Clematis

Just testing

Clematis

Postby Limaoemportuguese » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Posted a similar question on the BBC food website, however since planting a clematis"Kingfisher" spring 2011, it has bloomed well, I have cut off the dead flowers and gave it a good prune last October, however this year it has not had any trainers, flowering very well but now the leaves are going brown on the edges. It has been watered regularly and well and also fed. On the previous response from Obelixx he stated I should use bonemeal, I cannot buy this in Portugal can anyone recommend something else to use.
When living in England I grew a Nelly Moser with great success, I could not keep up with the trainers, is it the variety soil, or weather conditions. :( :?

Re: Clematis

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi

I had this problem with some of DD's climbers.

In the Uk I would have used blood and bone but, like you I can't find an equivalent. Instead I found something called in translation, regreener and reading the ingredients it seems to be more or less what is needed. As I don't speak Portugese I suggest you have a look round the appropriate sections in garden centres and supermarkets and see if you can get something similar.

Whatever it was I bought has worked. DD's Montana was gorgeous and I am trying to persuade her to plant a Nelly Moser - i saw a beautiful one locally the other day so it should work

Return to Gardener's World Rescue Board