Register

Small meals

How to curb your cravings and stay away from the ice cream!

Small meals

Postby eschscholtzia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 am

I'm on a low fibre diet and have been advised to have several smaller meals. I'd wlecome any advice on ways to manage this, it obviously doesn't fit with a meat and 2 veg approach.

Re: Small meals

Postby Suelle » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:23 pm

If you want to eat, say, six small meals spread over the day, I think you have to consider balancing the day's intake in terms of protein, fat etc, rather than balance each meal.

My OH had a spell on several small meals a day, when his symptoms suggested an incipient ulcer, but as far as I recall, he ate as normal, but spread things out over more than one meal. So it would be a small serving of cereal for breakfast, the fruit he usually ate at breakfast, later in the morning, with a biscuit. Then his lunch box for work would be divided between lunchtime and mid-afternoon, and his dinner eaten in two halves, main course in early evening and some yogurt, fruit and a piece of cake later in the evening.

Low fibre is an added inconvenience, it seems to me, as it means you probably can't have what most people might snack on between meals, or things which make quick meals, such as bread, cereal, fruit, salads (I assume you don't want to cook more than once a day).

It seems to me the danger might be over-eating, unless you are good with portion control.
The blog which does what it says on the tin:

http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Small meals

Postby GilesMurray » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 am

Can I ask what made you choose this type of diet?

Return to Healthy Eating