Register

Does Everyone Know In which I Can get a Vegeterian Beginner'

How to curb your cravings and stay away from the ice cream!

Re: Does Everyone Know In which I Can get a Vegeterian Begin

Postby jeral » Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi lixprielilimb. The Vegetarian Society is a good place for information. Here is a link to the page (4 pages actually) of information leaflets available free to download to your computer - you don't need to register to get them: https://www.vegsoc.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=559

If you go back to the Home page, a lot of other info including recipes is available via the Search database.

The following page based on the UK government's advice and the clickable links offer information on which foods make up a balanced vegetarian diet: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Vegetarianhe ... guide.aspx

Do you mean a better vegetarian cook, i.e. making more interesting meals? If so, a good recipe book might be the way to go.

Re: Does Everyone Know In which I Can get a Vegeterian Begin

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Lix: are you a vegetarian for conscientious reasons, or simply because to don't like the taste of meat? That could make a difference. I'm one of those who simply doesn't like the flavour or texture of meat, and I suppose I could say I began expanding my repertoire simply by choosing a favourite ingredient, then looking for loads of different recipes based on that. Much easier these days; you type in " Aubergine/Eggplant" to google and get 10,000,000,000,000,000 hits!
What I would recommend is that you learn to balance your meals. Sufficient protein, carbohydrates, etc, etc. are important for proper nutrition. I'm a huge salad lover, but I know I can't just eat greens every day because I'd fade away!
As Jeral recommended, the Veg Society website will help a treat.
Oh, you'll also find plenty of yummy recipes here, too!

Return to Healthy Eating