Register

Vegan baking

Swap ideas and tips or ask advice about being a veggie.

Vegan baking

Postby Breadandwine » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Whilst I do make bread with cheese - pizzas, cheesy breadsticks, etc - all the baking I do for home consumption is vegan.

Bread, of course, needs no eggs or dairy; lovely sponge cakes can be made entirely vegan; and pancakes made with just s/raising flour and water are just as good as the traditional ones.

I haven't tried my hand at vegan biscuits, yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I was going to follow this up with my vegan chocolate cake recipe, but, to make it easier to search for recipes, I'll start another thread, then link back to it from here.

Cheers, Paul
Now that you've discovered that making your own bread is easier than you thought, what else is there that isn't so difficult when you actually have a go? Like making your own pasta without a machine, for instance!

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.com/

Re: Vegan baking

Postby hungryhousewife » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Paul
Have you watched cup-cake wars? They seem to get a lot of vegan bakers making the most amazing looking light delicious cakes!

I'd love to see a recipe for a really good vegan choccie cake!
HH

Vegan chocolate cake

Postby Breadandwine » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am

Hi HH

Here's one for you!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25#p140

HTH!

Cheers, Paul

Ps. Thanks for the vegan cup cake reference. My wife watches the programme, but they always seem to concentrate on the decoration, so I haven't stuck around when it's on. I'll ask her to keep an eye out for any vegan stuff.
Now that you've discovered that making your own bread is easier than you thought, what else is there that isn't so difficult when you actually have a go? Like making your own pasta without a machine, for instance!

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.com/

Return to Veggie Chat