Register

CHATTERBOX

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: CHATTERBOX

Postby Petronius » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Don't think it's football team. Tennis might be the answer.

Postby Petronius » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Suffs wrote:Ah Petronius ... now I recognise you :wave

:wave

I've had to untick myself from Chatterbox across the road because I can't keep up! How you Suffs, and a few others, manage to do all that you do most days whilst posting so regularly, I've no idea.

Hope the back continues to improve. :crossed

Postby Suffs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Morning all (just) :)

Re wedding outfit/s ... looks like it'll be just the one ... I'm not racing back from our holiday in one day - a journey we usually do in two days - and undoing the good I hope the holiday will have done us ... nephew and fiancée will have to understand.

And a few weeks ago I was steeling myself to give to charity an outfit I'd bought in the sale from East a couple of years ago and never worn 'cos it was too tight ... but I thought I'd better just try it on again ... and it fits ... perfectly ... a pretty dress and jacket as befits an aunt at a smart wedding (and it will be smart, believe me!!!) so I've just got to be good between now and then :crossed

The challenge will be finding just the right shoes that fit and are comfy .... there may be something in the back of the wardrobe ...

Petronius ... are you asking how some of us do more than one thing at once? ;)

Postby Joanbunting » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Suffs. shoes are always the real problem. When DD got married I started with the shoes and worked up from there. When I got to the head I went and hired a hat, because I knew I would never wear it again!

I think Dennis is corect, think Wimbledon??

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Hadn't thought of tennis.
Sounds right.

Platforms are quite good for your feet.
They look elegant, but are actually flat to wear and comfortable.

Postby smitch » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Petronius wrote:Oh thank you Pampy - Aquafaba – never heard of it, don't think I opened the thread, so it was never in my brain in the fist place! Such a relief. Enjoyed reading through the thread.

In one of the links, the meringue recipe includes vegan white sugar – does normal white sugar include animal products

Sugar is fine in the U.K. Some US white sugar is processed using animal bone char so vegans do choose not to eat it.

Postby Petronius » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Suffs wrote:Petronius ... are you asking how some of us do more than one thing at once? ;)

Oh no, no, no, no – no, as Jim Trot (Vicar of Dibley) used to say.

The last thing I want to know is how you do it, I've survived a life time claiming that, as a male, I couldn't possibly multi-task. A great excuse when serving chatty women in OH's shop – 'I do apologise, but being male I can't possibly think, talk and give you the right change at the same time, so sorry'. And I bet you think I'm joking; oh, no, no, no – no. :D

smitch, thank you for the information about sugar. That's a relief I wouldn't like to upset my friend.

Postby Renée » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Oh Dennis, I've got the giggles now! :lol:

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:32 am

I don't know about multitasking, but I have difficulty even doing ONE thing at a a time these days.

Postby Suffs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 am

Good morning :)

Dennis :lol:

We're taking our cameras to the N. Norfolk coast this morning ... all is quiet here weatherwise and nothing out of the ordinary expected. Hope all in stormy areas are ok.

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

Morning!
You lot do make me smile.

Remind me not to go to IKEA Bristol on a Sunday, when I can go any other day. Parking was a killer, we only dropped on a spot just as we'd decided to drive back home again.

Clothes hanging racks bought, that I thought would be in their boxes for a couple of weeks.
But Tony is assembling and thrashing around upstairs first thing. That man can multitask!

I wasn't wanting to sort out my wardrobe for another year.
But looks as though I'm doing it this afternoon. :(

You got a good camera, Suffs?

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Talking of Ikea I discovered on Saturday there is one in Stratford Westfield shopping centre

Why did nobody tell me?

Specifically, why didn't Ikea tell me? I get emails from them but no mention of this, and although their store locator suggests four stores up to 30 km away, it doesn't mention this 6 km away. Seems it is mainly a collection point for click and collect but quite a lot of display too

Postby Renée » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:30 pm

We're going to have an IKEA soon, which is a shame really, because I have everything that I need. Typical! :twisted:

Here in the northwest, we seemed to be outside of the edge of the bad weather, but are going to get winds in the 40s this afternoon. The weather is strange at the moment and everything is very still. The sky is grey with a strange yellow tinge. The calm before the storm?

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:19 pm

How remiss of them, Stokey.
I also bought an ipad holder, that really will double as a book/ recipe card prop for the kitchen.

Renee - you do need one of these......

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:02 pm

I have a tablet holder on a tall stand, like a music stand, with a bendy goose neck, I love it

Someone has put an orange filter over the sun

Postby Suffs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Someone's painted the sky bright yellow here Sue. We're back from the north Norfolk coast ... it's been an amazing day, amazing weather ... 22C plus and brilliant sunshine, warm wind, fantastic visibility for much of the day ... had the car roof down for the first time in ages... now we have yellow skies full of dust.

Gill, my camera's not all singing all dancing but fine for my purposes ... a Fuji Finepix ...

this one ... http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/f ... epix-sl300
Last edited by Suffs on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pampy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Apparently, the yellow/red sun is caused by sand and dust that's been brought on the winds from the Azores. My car looks like someones poured a sack of sand over it. It's been very warm though - I've been out this afternoon with the car roof down - it dried my freshly washed hair a treat!

Postby Luca » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm

We had the same orange filter here Sue. Very odd looking and then went yellow and wind picked up. Here in London we were lucky not to be affected. Hope everyone relatively ok in areas concerned.

All calm now but already dark. I hate it when it's dark by 18h00.

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 pm

The sky here went a very peculiar burnt umber colour here too. One of our friends is a woodland manager in Hampshire and he said via facebook that it was so dark by 3pm today the songbirds had gone to bed and the owls were active. I've never seen anything like it!

Postby Renée » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Yes, I do need a tablet stand, Gill!!! :lol: Thanks!

Very strong gales here tonight, but I think that they've died down a bit now. I didn't put the bins out because of the weather. First thing tomorrow morning will do.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox