Register

What's everyone eating this week?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: What's everyone eating this week?

Postby jeral » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:41 pm

strictlysalsaclare wrote:Just reporting back to say that the rhubarb and raisin bread and butter pudding was lovely.

thanks Clare

Jolly good :thumbsup
What do you mean "was"? Didn't you say yesterday that it was pud for the next three nights? *Pats tummy* ? ;)

Postby Pampy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 pm

jeral wrote:PS: Does anyone know when our fresh crab season starts? I was thinking of buying some claws online, although if frozen maybe season is irrelevant unless it affects price? Ta.

This might be useful https://www.mcsuk.org/media/seafood/Buy ... Season.pdf

Postby jeral » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks Pampy. It seems to be about the right time to be on the lookout.

Postby QinNortham » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 am

Jeeral, I had an email from King Crab about 10 days ago to say they would be landing crab very shortly.

Postby Alexandria » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:12 am

Monday: :thumbsup :thumbsup

This is my work at home day usually .. So, some freshly caught fish is on the lunch menú ..

I have a selection from my father´s boat, so I believe it shall be whole sea bass, baked in white wine in the oven ..

Just very simply ..

Tarragona Bio Evoo, dry white wine from Penèdès, freshly ground black pepper, ground sea salt, tomato, garlic, lemon, bay leaf, and shallot ..

Have a lovely day .. :thumbsup :thumbsup
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Simple piperade for lunch with lots of peppers red onion, tomatoes and chives.

I'm going to cook a small pork roast coated in fresh herbs and breadcrumbs for supper. I might add a traditional sage and onion stuffing while its roasting.
Turnips Bordelaise and fresh broad beans to accompany.
Strawberry and rhubarb (frozen) crumble afterwards

Postby Alexandria » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Joan, :thumbsup :thumbsup

That small pork roast sounds wonderful ..

Enjoy and have a lovely evening ahead .. :wave :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby karadekoolaid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Despite the fact that it´s 27ºC over here, I felt like soup and pasta for lunch.
A small head of broccoli, quickly poached in home-made veg stock, with a small potato and an onion, cooked for no more than 15 minutes, then blended, makes a wonderfully vibrant green soup. A splodge of cream just rounded out the flavour.
Then a simple spaghetti all´arrabiata. A bit more "arrabiata" for me, since I love chiles!

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:48 am

jeral wrote:

Jolly good :thumbsup
What do you mean "was"? Didn't you say yesterday that it was pud for the next three nights? *Pats tummy* ? ;)

:lol: jeral, thankfully, the rhubarb and raisin bread pudding did last us 3 nights! We didn't pig out on it in a oner as the Hairy Bikers would say!

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 am

KK have you tried finishing it with some blue cheese instead of cream? Yummy :yum

I've got a couple of perfect avocados to use up so its avo and crisp bacon - or rather pancetta - on toast from lunch.
I shall make a stir fry with some of last night's pork and serve it with vegetable noodles.
I managed to prevent M from devouring the entire crumble last night so that's pud sorted.

Postby Alexandria » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 am

Tuesday ´s office work which seems to grow and grow regardless of how many hours my staff and I work ..

So, today is a fave of our´s facing the beach, and the selections are Japanese and Salads ..

Have a lovely day .. :wave :wave

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Not tried that, Rats - but sounds glorious.
IF I can get my hands on some blue cheese, of course :crying2

Today´s lunch was YMCA - apart from the few Brussels I found at the bottom of the fridge.
Good though!!

Postby Rainbow » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:53 am

karadekoolaid wrote:Today´s lunch was YMCA - apart from the few Brussels I found at the bottom of the fridge.
Good though!!

Didn't think young, christian men would taste that good :lol: And as for brussel sprouts........

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 am

Ha ha ha.

Postby karadekoolaid » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Rainbow:
Yesterday´s
Muck
Cooked
Again

I´m a(n) (almost) vegetarian - no cannibalism here :gonzo :gonzo

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Rainbow wrote:Didn't think young, christian men would taste that good

Oh I don't know................ ;) ;)

Good one that YMCA Clive - new one on me & will certainly be used from now on chez Lush :D

Last night was a good hot chilli chicken noodle stir fry with squid - lots of squid, which The Lushly finished off for breakfast this morning....!

No idea what will be happening tonight - I haven't had an omelette in a while & really fancy one now with scallop pots.......& green beans/sugar snaps....hmmm!

Postby WhitefieldFoodie » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:19 pm

My food has been quite repetitive over the last couple of weeks as I have been, for the first time in my adult life living payday-payday and was close to the knuckle last week. So after payday on Friday I did a nice shop but I am still doing lots of bulk cooking and using it in as many ways as possible.

This week has been:

Monday - Roast chicken (breast) and Mushroom Risotto.

Tuesday - Chicken leg (and juicy brown meat bits and bobs) some blended with cream and tarragon into a moussey thing and layered with the other chicken, blanched asparagus and some piccalilli and wrapped in some questionable prosciutto out of the fridge (terrine style) with Arrancini balls with the night before's risotto and a green salad with that balsamic glaze stuff.

Today - Pulled pork with blue cheese slaw on brioche with Cajun roasted sweet potato.

Tomorrow - Pulled pork chilli with rice and garlic greens

Postby jeral » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

I imagine that doing a lot with little (as we do) will continue for many people until winter/spring fuel bills ease up. Yours sound a good step beyond just stretching though :thumbsup

Tea will be a starter of filo veg spring rolls and dips, then simple mussels, shallots, peppers, in coconut milk broth, this recipe which I know I will like and only slightly adjusted (for once, lol) and with some spinach leaves folded in last thing:
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/42055/mu ... teps-.aspx

Postby Alexandria » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Wednesday: A "Calamari" Bocadillo ( Fried Calamar with ali oli & a drizzle of fresh lemon ) on 1 slice of Spanish fresh baked bread called Chapata ..

Just so busy today with a foreign tour operator ..

Have a lovely evening ..

:wave :wave

Postby Rainbow » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:12 am

karadekoolaid wrote:Rainbow:
Yesterday´s
Muck
Cooked
Again

I´m a(n) (almost) vegetarian - no cannibalism here :gonzo :gonzo

karadekoolaid

When I googled (before I posted!) it told me

Yesterday's Meal Cooked Again

Glad about the no cannibalism!