Register

TV - the F word

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

TV - the F word

Postby mark111757 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:57 am

Greets to one and all. The promos have been on the fox network here in the states..... the return of "the F word" in a rebooted version. Wednesday may 31 the last I heard. Supposedly live. I have not seen it and tht this moment I don't put any stock into it that it will work. I feel pretty on the mark in saying it won't be the same as what was on channel 4 especially with the possible edited language on Fox. Will it work? Cookalong live sure didn't here in the states and even with Gordon at the helm, it just doesn't look good. My 2p...end rant mode.....

Site Admin

Re: TV - the F word

Postby Sakkarin » Thu May 18, 2017 10:14 am

I'm afraid Gordon Ramsay has always been one of my pet peeves, and I've switched off virtually every time I've seen he's involved.

However... I've just sat through the first three series of Masterchef USA, where he's the master of ceremonies, and I've warmed to him. Still wouldn't want him as a dinner party guest though.

It's strange watching our current series alongside the USA version. It's like a village fete (ours) against Saturday Night at the Palladium, the US version is created on an absolutely ginormous scale. It is however clearly a game show, however good the contestants, and you can sense the producers moulding the tasks to match the contestants' weaknesses and foibles. But I was hooked. However with series three, I realised I was overdoing it, so I pre-recorded them all in order to watch them all in one sitting instead of wasting more time. In the end I just watched the programmes from the final six down, and I think for me that is probably the best way to avoid becoming a TV Masterchef groupie. And I think I should have a break from cookery programmes now I'm all Mastercheffed out...

Is anyone else watching US series 3, or can I give away the big secret?

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Mark!
I've never watched the F word, shouty over dramatised food programmes not my thing

Waiting for the repeat of the Home Cooking series but it hasn't happened

Postby Pampy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Sakkarin wrote:I'm afraid Gordon Ramsay has always been one of my pet peeves, and I've switched off virtually every time I've seen he's involved.

Have to agree with you there - and I've never warmed to him! Shouty, sweary, rude cooking is not for me.

Postby Renée » Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I don't like shouty, sweary, insulting food programmes either. I go for the more serious ones, with a little humour, of course.

Postby jeral » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 am

Hi mark111757 - good to see you and hope keeping well.

The F-Word here was calm and friendly (no swearing) as it was just after he'd be panned for it and in danger of losing viewing audience, so the title was more a joke. No jumpy camera shots, flashing colour background or loud music either, which I guess the US version might have?

GR's bad language in his US Hell's Kitchen was dreadful. (It's not beeped out here if after 9pm.) That prog is up to a remarkable Series 16 though, so a couple of people in the US must like him ;)

Love to hear how it goes down.
(Fox is a pay-for channel which I don't get.)

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 pm

In my biased opinion.....

I had a chance to see the first two epis of the F word US........on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give the original series (1-4) a 9 or 10. But this reboot to me, gets a 4 0r 5.

Plus ----------found the theme music.....kept recipe competition (it was James croyden, at first I thought it was that annoying Chris moyles)....kept the other features......

Minuses-------should have used the opening video of him changing into his chefs whites.......for the pork chop recipe, at least an average figure for a cooking time would have been nice.......the word nape was used in the recipe. Come to find, it should have been napeé.........way too much time with celebs, show as slow and not evenly paced.......I liked the brigade idea better with Gordon in the kitchen, watching gordo get involved.....to me the cooking part was a secondary or tertiary idea in the reboot.......the pork chop recipe reminded me of nigella Lawson's version........

If anyone wants to follow it....

http://www.fox.com/the-f-word

http://www.fox.com/the-f-word/article/s ... oes-recipe

http://www.fox.com/the-f-word/article/p ... les-recipe

Would I watch it live, prolly not.......it is easy enough to find on line. I will prolly collect the recipes tho.

......your mileage may vary......

This may get edited if I think of things

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox