Register

Nef Circotherm..........

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Nef Circotherm..........

Postby Petronius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

Pleased for you Luscious – I don't think we've ever used every setting. There's one for baking bread, what's that about? :? 240C on normal oven works fine, 250C for sourdough.

The location of our oven door means we can jam a bit of wood against the door frame – works a treat. We stopped cleaning a couple of years ago – a man comes in every January (with discount) £60 and gleaming. :thumbsup He takes the door off, so every January it fits fine – it's quite simple to do but ….

My opinion on the self cleaning setting – it works fine if it's done regularly, with a heavy roast every time.

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Oooo may take you up on the wood jamming idea. As I really cannot take on a big oven project at the moment.
I've got plenty of framing wood at the studio.

Postby Petronius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Like this

Oven door.jpg
Oven door.jpg (109.23 KiB) Viewed 1975 times

In case you're getting worried Luscious, our Nef is over ten years old and the oven door is meant to detach for cleaning. We now need younger people to do such jobs.

Postby Lusciouslush » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Best laugh I've had today Dennis...............!

Where there's a will - there's a way!

A few years back my massively injured knee decided to give out suddenly when I turned & twisted in front of the Bosch oven door which was down - about the same height as yours there - anyhow, I went straight down like a sack of potatoes catching my back on the way down on the corner of the door - needless to say the door never closed properly after that - but The Lushly made a little U shaped thing out of heavy stainless steel that clasped around the side of the door & frame to keep it closed ( he's a born engineer!).

I've used that for the last 4yrs & it kept the oven at temp. great - couldn't bear to part with it after such stirling service, so it's in the envelope file with all the Neff paperwork..............just in case!

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 am

Ingenious!

I don't have a wall opposite my oven. It's in the middle of the room ;(

I have 2 cupboards at either side, and may be able to jam a wooden stick across and thru the handles.
Pushing pressure back against the oven with a teacloth.

The oven door hinges need a hexagonal key, a 32 piece set of which I have at the studio. :crying1

Postby Petronius » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:53 am

Isn't it always the way!

Does the oven sit on the floor? Possible to jam wood between oven and unit opposite?

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 am

This is the oven, I don't know if you can see the door open a little at the top.
I think I can jam a bit of wood across to both handles.
I may not even have to use the big oven, as things go. I might be all right just with the combi-oven. It takes 2 "lasagne sized" dishes.

Or one pot.

Smallest allen key in hand, let's see if it fits those floppy hinges.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox