Register

Pasta Lexicon & What are your faves ?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Re: Pasta Lexicon & What are your faves ?

Postby Alexandria » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:20 am

Renée wrote:What a lovely website, Alexandria! I shall have a good browse through later!

I would love the recipe for the apple raisin tart if you manage to get it ... or brief instructions would be fine!

Renée,

Yes, and I love their products too .. They are so amazingly lovely and work so nice with a cheese board too with gorgeous breadsticks and crackers and of course a lovely glass of wine ..

They have truly outstanding extraordinary products ..

I will be in Lisbon on Friday morning, so at 17.00, the Iberian café / tea hour, we shall walk over to the Pastry Café and I shall do my best !!

Have a lovely evening ..

Thanks for all your feedback once again ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Judion beans brought back in the car. And olive oil from the Osborne sherry shop in Santa Maria.

Joan, you had to do it, you've gone and mentioned gnocchi.
I once ordered a gnocchi starter, then a pizza in Sicily, and couldn't manage all the pizza.

Chef came out and wondered why some of his dish had come back to the kitchen - I said I'd have zee gnocchi and he laughed, and made exploding expressions round his middle.
Yip.

Anyway.
Fave pastas, #1 is spaghetti with garlic and chilli. Don't spare the olive oil
#2 is spaghetti lobster.
#3 parpadelle with lemon sage and lemon rind.

Homemade, I make ravioli stuffed with the prawns. And make a bisque. Not so often, it takes a bit of time.

Badgers.
I would recommend getting a pasta machine if your interest is still there.
I do it maybe every 2 or 3 months. When Tony asks for fresh.
And a lasagne really is delicious when made by hand - so long as you boil each sheet for about 30 secs before assembling.
Rather than putting it in raw.

I did an experiment with various types, and homemade blanched was the best. Dried packet came second. Homemade but just used as it was came 3rd.
Supermarket fresh sheets I believe came last.

Postby Badger's Mate » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Badgers.
I would recommend getting a pasta machine if your interest is still there.

I'll bear that in mind. I've realised the venison ragu with tagliatelle referred to earlier is in fact venison ragu with pappardelle. Clearly fresh pasta and most likely HM. At the moment they're doing a hare ragu. :yum

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

Damn!
I knew I should have spell checked pappardelle. I was tooooo lazy.

Hare's lovely
I'm not overly keen on rabbit I guess but do eat it sometimes. But hare reminds me when my dad came home with hare. And 5 kids (I was one of them) faces dropped.
And he created the most delicious subtle meal for us.

I've enjoyed it ever since.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox