Register

my fitness pal

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

my fitness pal

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am

and other apps and gadgets.

Anyone use them in their daily life?
I've just downloaded my fitness pal, and it's got loads of recipes and hints. Direct to the smartphone.
But what on earth do you do with all that data? And how do you use it?

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/simple-egg-sandwiches/

And recipes:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/n ... n/recipes/

I've got a fitbit Blaze tracker.
And have just started tracking my sleep pattern. Which is interesting.
My husband is going to wear it for a week, he's an insomniac, and wants to see how he copes during the night hours.

Cripes, there's so much information .....

Re: my fitness pal

Postby Renée » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am

How interesting, Gill, but I won't be getting one!

Today, I have already spent an hour in bed listening to the radio, an hour reading online and half an hour reading the My Fitness Blog!!! Mind you, I'm having a day in today, to catch up on housework and won't be going to the gym. I could have been sweeping all the leaves off the front lawn instead. I do hope that I have time to do it, the way that I'm going! :mrgreen:

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Tis what Sunday is all about, Renee.
We are just about to go for a gentle stroll ..... nothing arduous.

Postby Renée » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm

It's a lovely day for a walk, Gill. I did manage to rake all the leaves from the front garden and have swept the paths, so that's a job done! I chatted to neighbours, also. I rarely see them during the winter.

Postby Joanbunting » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Smart phone - what's one of them?

With our broadband and mobile phone cover it is sometimes not possible to even post on here.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Nice to have a catch up over the fence, Renee.
My neighbour knocked on the door today, he's upset his bins aren't being collected, whereas ours are. Short story long, he puts his bins out in front of our house, which drives me mildly potty.
But his house is actually on a different street and a different collection.

He wants me to sign a letter to his local MP, I think not.

Hi Joan.
2 years ago, I only sent a handful of texts per year. Now I'm in the technical fast lane.....

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I used to use the online version but downloaded the version that works on Kindle Fire, and it didn't have the program that allows you to calorie count and store your own recipes, which is what I wanted it for

So I'm waiting to see what apps I can get that do that, while I am planning on getting an iPhone soon I prefer to do such things on the bigger screen of a tablet

Postby Renée » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Oh Gill, what a nuisance about that man's bin. He needs to put it outside his own house and if it doesn't get collected, to contact the Council. Some people!

Most of you are way ahead of me, but I do have a Samsung 10.1 tablet.

Postby jeral » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 am

@ Gillthepainter: On rubbish (and recycling and food waste bins), some collections around here have now gone to fortnightly and there are a fair few people complaining, not so much about fortnightly but that the whole collection schedule seems to have gone completely awry in places. There is a special email though where uncollected bins can be reported, which might (or might not) then be collected within 24hrs if late. Maybe such is available in other areas too?

On fitness gadgets, I live in blissful ignorance without one. If you get benefit from yours though, that's what counts :)

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am

ooo an iphone.
That will be a great possession, Sue. Things work far better on the iphone, where they don't on an android I find.

I have an ipad mini that fills that hiccup, with kindle app.
It is still running beautifully. I shall put the fitness pal app on it today, so it's more readable.

I'm still really surprised how much info is on the app. I thought it was a calorie counter alone.

Jeral
Yep we too have that complain/come back and pick up the rubbish facility. We still had to wait 4 weeks for our first pickup.
I was having to put my kitchen bin bag in the street rubbish bin.

Baked potato with cottage cheese today for my lunch box.
I "baked" 4 in the airfryer last night.
Jeez I adore cottage cheese.

Postby Lusciouslush » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm

I am a luddite as far as apps go - it seems you are meant to have one for everything - the one that annoys me here is you can't park anymore by feeding change into a meter - we have to have apps which take at least 10mins to do if not longer & I'm not kidding - & long queues form, so going into Brighton/Hove is a no-no by car now.

And don't get me started on bins - ours are still weekly thank gawd - but we have to rush out & drag the wheelie back in off the pavement as soon as it's emptied, otherwise a lovely little bag of poo will be thoughtfully dropped to the bottom ( where you can't reach) by the bl&&y dog walkers that are always going up & down the road :evil: :evil: :evil:

Grilly - I'd have something to say to that chap with his bins......& it wouldn't be happy birthday.....!

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

I'm too cheap to load up my smart phone internet away from home.
It's one charge I hate to use up.

So I'd be spitting fire at the parking meter, Lush.

Luckily my smart watch has a breath exercise, I say exercise. You just sit on your botty and breath for 2mins.
It's really calming.

Dog walkers are the pits.
I know, I used to be one !

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox