Register

New Year´s Eve Bubbly & Wine Suggestions

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

New Year´s Eve Bubbly & Wine Suggestions

Postby Alexandria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:50 pm

19th November

With the holidays upon our doorsteps, and prices hiking on Bubbly and Wines, it is time to think seriously about Menu Planning ..

As we say, Copas (wine glasses or Champagne glasses ) with Chispa ( sparks ) .. And ranging from 14 Euros to 300 Euros ..

Here are some of my suggestions and would enjoy reading all about your´s .. :wino

1) Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage - 60 Euros approx.

2) Laurent Perrier Cuvée Rose ( limited edition) - 75 Euros approx ..

3) Edetària La Geuina 2015 - a mono varietal 100 % Garnacha - 38 Euros approx.

4) Faustino Icon 2011 Edition - Tempranillo with Graciano Red Grapes - 29 Euros Approx ..

5) Abadia Retuerta pago Negralada - 100 % Tempranillo - 65 Euros Approx .. ( Ribera del Duero )

6) 2016 White Oremis Mandolás - Produced by: Vega Sicilia Bodegas ( winery ) - 14 Euros approx a bottle ..

7) Veuve Clicquot Extra Brut - 80 Euros approx ..

8 ) Tattinger Comtes de Champagne - 160 Euros approx.

9) Dom Perignon P 2 - 2016 ( approx. 300 Euros )

10) Luis Alegre Pontac 2013 ( approx. 30 Euros ) - Excellent structure of Tempranillo and Graciano ..

Other highly rated wines / champagnes and cavas :

Juvé y Camps Cava - Appellation: Sant Sadurni d´ Anoia, Barcelona

Bodegas Mauro Dos - Toro, Zamora ( Oenologist Mariano Garcia developed Vega Sicilia prior to his launching his own winery )

Bodegas Murietta y Igay - Logroño, La Rioja ( Vincent Cebrian, also produces an excellent white 100% Albariño in Cambados - Galicia )

Emilio Moro Bodegas - Valladolid, Castilla León ( José Moro, the C.e.o. Produces ecological Reds ..

Sangre del Toro - Miguel Torres - Penedès - Barcelona ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: New Year´s Eve Bubbly & Wine Suggestions

Postby Joanbunting » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:56 pm

I'll stick with my beloved Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque - of whatever vintage we happen to have :wino

ETA I was suffering severly from snarly up wordings yesterday - probably too much champagne at lunch time - not PJ though!
Last edited by Joanbunting on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alexandria » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Joan Bunting,

Exceptional selection ..

A very sublime exquisite Champagne ..

Thank you for the feedback ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:19 pm

A couple of years ago we found 8 botttles of the 2006 in a Leclerc wine fair and still have a couple of bottles left! We are never one's to miss a bargain but this was exceptional. It was €25.00 and clearly mislabelled - did we care, did we heck!

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm

The house champagne of the local wine merchant (Borough Wines) is Bourgeois Diaz, which I really like.

Of the mainstream brands I like Taittinger, and yes I also like Belle Epoque!.

And of course the British champagne style fizz, Nyetimber is gorgeous

I usually have NYE with a friend, we go out to dinner then come back and drink fizz and toast the chimes at midnight.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox