Register

Basque Michelin Scrambled Eggs with Boletus

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Basque Michelin Scrambled Eggs with Boletus

Postby Alexandria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm

This Iberian trend setting simple dish hails from Michelin Chef & Propietor, Juan Mari Arzak and his daughter, Chef Elena Arzak.

Recipe:

4 extra large eggs
Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to taste & freshly ground black pepper
4 Extra fine slices of Iberian ham ( one can use Proscuitto as a substitute or leave out )
A pinch of Smoked Pimentón ( Spanish Paprika - do not over do it as it shall cause the dish to be bitter )
Bread of choice

4 Small Boletus Mushrooms or White Caps as a substitute or Portobello or Chanterelles
Parsely minced finely
Evoo
Salt to taste
1 tiny clove of minced garlic

1) Place just enough Evoo in a sauté skillet. Sauté the garlic just until slightly tender ..
2) Take the washed thoroughly mushrooms sliced in quarters, and sauté them until tender and sprinkle with salt and minced parsley and a grind or two of black pepper ..
3) Drain the mushrooms from the Evoo and place in a bowl or plate in centre on top of the toasted bread slice; I use Canapé size bread toasted in the oven grill ..

1) One can sub French style butter, or coat Sauté Skillet with Evoo.
2) Take the eggs beaten lightly and pour gently into the skillet when the Evoo is warmed ..
3) Scramble the eggs with the strips of the ham if using or Piquillo Basque Red Peppers rinsed of their brine sliced into thin strips ..
4) Add salt and pepper to taste .. & a pinch of Smoked Pimentón on the eggs when placed on top of the mushrooms which are placed on top of a slice of bread ..
5) One can also prepare the eggs as a "sunny side up " and cook until the yolk has enough "runniness" or liquid and the whites are a bit golden.
6) Place the mushrooms on top of the toasted bread of choice .. The size of a canapé is perfect .. I use Chapata or Baguette toasted with a snippet of Evoo.
7 ) Place the eggs on top of the mushrooms ..

Voila, simple, stunning and healthy ..

Enjoy and have a lovely day ..

I have prepared this dish in large Martini Stemware with soft boiled eggs and a little fresh minced parsley and a tiny handful of Iberian Dehuesa, Badajoz, Extremadura acorn fed ham or Jabugo from Huelva ..

One can sub, smoked salmon as well which is a gorgeous Brunch dish .. and do not hesitate to prepare with green asparagus or 1 tiny shallot and sautéed red bell ..

Have a lovely day .. :chrissytree1
Last edited by Alexandria on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Basque Michelin Scrambled Eggs with Boletus

Postby Renée » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm

What a lovely and tasty recipe, Alexandra! I can get thinly sliced Iberian ham and always have a tin of smoked Spanish paprika ..... from Barcelona! I might well use mini Portobello mushrooms, which have quite an intense flavour when cooked.

Thank you for the recipe.

:chrissytree1

Postby Alexandria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 pm

@ Renée,

This is a simply, humble and yet versatile récipe, depending on how one prefers their eggs and a lovely brunch too ..

Of course, Portobello shall create a stunner masterpiece too !!

And do not forget a slice of bread for layer 1, then the mushrooms and then the eggs ..

Have a lovely evening .. :rudolph1 :chrissytree1
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Renée » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Oh yes, I shall follow the recipe carefully, Alexandria!

Have a lovely day tomorrow!

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 am

@ Renée,

Enjoy your preparation of the recipe .. I am sure it shall be amazingly wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening ..
12am ..

Goodnight .. :tiptoesanta

Postby Renée » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:28 am

Goodnight from me! I am late again!!

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:20 pm

@ Renée,

Have a wonderful Thursday and weekend ahead too ..

:chrissytree1 :chrissytree1

Postby Renée » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

I bought the ingredients that I didn't have. I used Paleta Ibérica Bellota and a mix of shiitake and mini Portobello mushrooms. It was so tasty, Alexandria, so thank you for the recipe!

Enjoy your evening!

Ooops, I forgot about the smoked pimenton, which I do have. :oops:

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm

@ Renée,

WOW .. Canapés with Basque Scrambled Eggs !

Maybe you should open a tiny Tapas Bar .. Ha Ha Ha !!!

Amazing. They look fantastic ..

Glad you enjoyed it ..

I adore the dish .. Canapés are a super idea ..

Have a lovely evening ..

:chrissytree1 Magic1

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 pm

oooh, this looks and sounds lovely. I may have to try this at some point, it would make a lovely breakfast dish over the Christmas period. Unfortunately Mr Strictly doesn't like scrambled egg very much, but I can make this for myself on Boxing Day when he is working.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 pm

@ Strictly Salsa Clare,

This recipe can be prepared with any type of eggs, one likes .. And it is so simple and yes, a perfect brunch. I have prepared it in Martini Stemware with sunnyside up eggs and a French Style Omelette as well ..

Renée did a fabulous job !

Thank you for your feedback and have a lovely weekend ahead and holiday .. Good luck with all your lovely preparations ..

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox