Register

Revolutionary Sweets: Trying Something New ?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Revolutionary Sweets: Trying Something New ?

Postby Alexandria » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 am

Madrid Capital Gourmet Adventure .. Is anyone trying something totally different for New Year´s Eve ?

This morning, my husband and I had gone over to the oldest El Corte Inglés in Preciados ( Callao ), a few metres from the Puerta de Sol, to take a peek at some Christmas gourmet treats.

Exciting. Here is what we encountered:

1) Albert Adrià´s Gin and Tonic Nugget (turrón ) .. Prepared in traditional style dating back over 250 years ( Alicante) however, a touch of the vanguard by Genius Albert Adrià ..

2) Jordi Roca´s sweet tooth revolution: Earth, Angel and Eternity ..

A group of incredibly fascinating chocolates.

Earth (tierra): Floral Perfume with aromas of Pierre Hermé´s perfume with a base of black chocolate, beetroot and jasmin ..

Angel: Rasberry, Bergamot, Violet & black chocolate ..

Eternity: White chocolate, mandarin, mazapan ( almond paste with basil ) and orange flower water Azahar ..

We also shipped all back to the office and also bought some amazingly lovely Bio dried fruits: Violet almonds, Pecans with honey and Pistachios with orange .. We will use these for the 31st, New Year´s Eve ..

Off to get some rest, as we have an early flight to Barcelona Monday..

Have a lovely evening and week ahead.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Revolutionary Sweets: Trying Something New ?

Postby Renée » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am

Alexandria, I just gasped at the amazing selection of chocolates with the wonderful flavours, which I have never encountered! I hope that you were able to sample one or two!

Have a good flight home.

:chrissytree1

Postby Alexandria » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 am

@ Renée,

Extraordinarily amazingly dazzling dynamic sweet tooth pleasures ..

We actually bought a few of each for the holidays so that my parents and in laws, twin sons & their wives and my two grandsons could have some too ..

I am not a grand chocolate enthusiast however, these chocolates are incredible !

The Gin and Tonic Nugget is simply spectacular too ..

Have a great evening and Thank you for all your feedback ..

:chrissytree1
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:15 am

I was in a local Gourmet " Food -Hall" this week.
One of the stalls had chocolates made by Jose Ramon Castillo - Mexico's finest chocolatier and probably one of the finest in the world.
Flavours: Brownie. Fruit cake. Tequila and fruit. Passion fruit. Orange and Agave worm :( Tamarind and Grasshopper. :o (No, I'm not joking!). Plantain bubble gum :shock:
The variety of flavours, especially in tropical countries, is just without limits!

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox