Register

How is your Weather ?

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

How is your Weather ?

Postby Alexandria » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am

In Barcelona, it is 6 degrees centigrade, grey, cloudy and cold .. A slight chilly breeze too ..

No snow ..

Hope all is well and everyone is staying toasty warm ..

:shock: :shock:
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: How is your Weather ?

Postby karadekoolaid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm

In Mexico City, it's 7C, sunny, and will rise to 24c during the day. It's also very, very dry, since it hasn't rained since October!!

Postby Joanbunting » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm

In Provence we have had the warmest start to the year since M began recording 13 years ago. We have also had rather a lot of the wet stuff and the blowy stuff but the sun has been out for at least a while almost every day.

This is as predicted by the locals who say if there is ice and or snow before Christmas it will be warmer after.

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Just had a lovely walk in the sun, I think it's only about 8C but it's one of those days when the sun feels hot on your back. Sunglasses were required

It has been pretty wet though since Christmas

Just seen the news that it has finally rained in California causing fatal mudslides

Postby Renée » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 pm

It was quite mild here today, but cloudy and no wind. I would have gone out for a walk but I was waiting for a parcel to be delivered. It was a nice change from the cold, wet and windy weather on a couple of days last week.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 am

@ To All,

It has been proven that January is normally the coldest month of the year ..

However, it seems that quite a few of you are having some good winter sun (always lovely in winter ) and mild tempeartures in comparison to other snowed in regions or wet grey and rainy areas ..

It rained yesterday ( actually positive as it is quite dry in Spain ) and today there were some " infrequent drizzles " .. But actually quite cold in comparison to December ..

All my best for more sunny days .. :crossed
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 am

@ Stokey Sue,

California is absolutely a catastrophe ..

Thousands of acres of land were burnt to a crisp and destroyed .. and do you know the death toll ?

and those poor people and animals in those catastropic áreas -- and now mud slides from the heavy rains ..

My my ..

:thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :crossed :crossed

Postby Petronius » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Monday and Tuesday were much the same as yours Alexandria – damp, grey and quite dark, checking watches at 3pm to make sure it wasn't time to start the evening meal.

Yesterday, certainly in the West Country, was a beautiful day, temperature about 8C but blue sky sunshine. Lovely. We had a little trip to Topsham on the River Exe Estuary and a nice pub lunch at the Globe – with open fire. It's a fascinating place many of the houses with Dutch architecture from the days when trade with that country was booming.

Today, is just as sunny, though temperature 4C. Just a trip to town, OH to change library books and a nice piece of haddock at our fishmongers.

Complaining about the weather is part of the national psyche, but California is just dreadful.

Postby Alexandria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

@ Petronius,

Finally after 4 days of grey skies, today is sunny but cold ( 2 degrees - 5 degrees Centig. ) and windy ..

But skies are blue and it is quite sunny ..

I agree, why complain about what you cannot change !!

Have a lovely day .. Sounds enchanting ..

:thumbsup

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox