Register

Ligurian Focaccia Flat Bread

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Ligurian Focaccia Flat Bread

Postby Alexandria » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:23 am

Ligurian Focaccia flat bread is an ancient flatbread believed to come from the navigators on the Silk Route to Mongolia, where they had learnt to prepare the flatbread from the Nomads on this route.

Here is my recipe from Genoa ..

200 grams of unbleached pizza flour ..
100 Ml. Italian Evoo ..
1 / 2 Tsp. of salt
Note: There is no yeast in this recipe ..
Fresh Herbs: Rosemary or Sage or Genovese Basil or a combination ..
Oven Parchment Paper for baking ..

1) Divide the flour in half ..
2) Divide the Evoo in half ..
3) Form a dough with the flour and Evoo and work the dough until it is homogenuous.
4) Wrap each of the doughs in plastic wrap for one hour ..
5) Eliminate the plastic wrap or film and roll out the dough on a floured Surface until you have an extended circular thin pizza base ..
6) Pre heat oven to 220 Centig degrees .. Place the fresh herbs, minced finely or as full size herbs, on the bases ..
7) Using cautions, place the pizza bases on an oven baking tray or pizza tray that is oven proof over parchment paper for oven, and heat for 10 minutes. Check and if your bases require more time, as I have required 12 minutes until lightly Golden and crisp ..

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Good night .. Have a lovely evening / afternoon / day ahead ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Ligurian Focaccia Flat Bread

Postby Renée » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 am

Good morning!

What a simple but interesting recipe, Alexandria! I will make that today, because I still have some minestrone in the fridge. I will look for my rolling pin today, because I should have used for my focaccia!! :lol:

I don't have a pizza tray with holes these days, but I could use a large frying pan on the hob, so that both sides would be brown and crispy.

Postby Petronius » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 am

Interesting indeed Alexandria - thanks for posting. Don't keep pizza flour in the cupboard but I'll give it a try sometime.

You may have heard of Dominos - UK pizza chain. Apparently they use plain flour for their pizza base, easier to spread as the dough doesn't shrink when pushed out.

Postby Alexandria » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Renée,

Thank you Dear ..

It is a fave flatbread of mine and I prepare it quite often ..

Enjoy !!!

Have a lovely day ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 pm

@Petronius,

I have seen the various pizza chains in my travels and in Spain, however, I have never had "chain pizza" ..

I prepare my own Italian Pizza Margherita once in a blue moon, and buy the unbleached natural "farine" from an Italian Distributor friend or when I am in Italy and ship it to my Office so my staff can sign for it ..

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox