Register

loyalty cards

Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: THE CURRENT CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

loyalty cards

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Waitrose is fine. I get a free coffee.
And just got a batch of money off vouchers, and have used half of them this month. They were apt. Yoghurt, eggs, tomatoes etc. Skincare cost me nothing today and I bought a fiver worth, and the voucher was for £5 off.

Tescos has always been fine too, with their periodic money off vouchers - just got £2 out of the blue.

But M&S - I was thinking of tearing it up.
However, they've heard it's my birthday coming up - and have sent a voucher treat for a free coffee and a cake on them. How civilised.
Although I have moved my birthday to May.
Nice thought though.

Re: loyalty cards

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 pm

I have a Morrison's card, points mount up, sometimes there are bonus points on various items or for shopping on specific days

When you hit 5 000 points the till prints out a £5 voucher for your next shop

Nice and simple

I also have something called local buyersclub, discounts at local businesser, and occasional events

Postby Alexandria » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 am

We have quite a number of shops & supermarkets wherein, one can obtain a loyalty card ..

One is: VIPS shop & restaurant located throughout Spain .. It comes in Handy for book shopping .. They have a lovely selection of books in a variety of languages.

Most of The shops provide a benefit of a financial discount at the end of the year ..

Some of the Supermarkets, discount on a daily basis, which is configured in their computer systems ..

Have a lovely day .. :thumbsup
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby jeral » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:,,,[clip]...

I also have something called local buyersclub, discounts at local businesser, and occasional events

One of those local traders cards was mooted for this area but didn't take off. Probably because it had an annual fee of £10 which many thought was a better deal (easy money) for the collector of the fees than for the shoppers and traders.

I buy Waitrose online as no local store and get lots of money-off vouchers via email. It makes we wonder how overpriced food must be in the first place.

I want to buy a packet of cornflakes and get a free spa day :)

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes, I had to pay for Local Buyers club
But I think I've had my money's worth in events and happy for a trial year to support businesses I know and find some new ones

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

I didn't realise Morries had a bonus points system.
I must get one for Tony, he cycles there often to and from his swimming training.

Our hardware store has a 10% off for trade. And gave me one, as I was always buying screws here, and products there.
Most items are exempt though ;)

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm

We use the supermarket loyalty card to save up for wine fair which happens every autumn. We also have loyalty cards for the three local wine co-ops. you can tell where I'm coming from!

My favourite cheat shop, the wonderful Picard - posh Iceland - has just introduced a loyalty card. This gives a % off different items weekly.

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 am

Targeted PR nicely for you then, Joan.
Wine offers are wasted on us, as we don't drink at home. We do drink, but go out to pubs and chat. Twice a week.

We've got 10 bottles of gin, Tony's seduced by the idea of a delicious gin n tonic. Latest from Osborne distillery in Cadiz.
He brings them back, and they are unopened taking up cupboard space.

Postby Joanbunting » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Ship em over here then Gill. I'll save you cupboard space! :wino

Postby Renée » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 am

I have ...

Boots

Sainsburys ... only go occasionally.

Waitrose ... free coffee and special prices on certain foods for card owners. I go occasionally.

Booths ... free coffee and special prices on certain foods.

Holland & Barrett

Mostly I shop at Asda, which is my nearest supermarket.

Postby Pampy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:53 pm

I seem to have loads...
Tesco
Sainsbury's
Morrisons
Waitrose
Booth's
Iceland
Co-op (got it as they are my current energy supplier)
Holland and Barrett
Marks and Spencer
Makro

and then there are the non-food membership cards that give extra discounts and perks...
Boundary Mill
Housing Units
Swarovski Collector's Society
Debenhams
B&Q
RSPB
Last edited by Pampy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am

That's a lot for one purse, Pampy.

Renee, those special prices are coming to an end this month. At Waitrose.
But you still get the coffee. I usually buy a banana and get a sit down coffee for free.

Lush, we were at Liverpool just now.
And he was wanting to buy gin again at the pretty shop. Noooooo.

We always forget B&Q. Wed 10pc off for oaps - that's Tony.

By the way, when did gift aid become more expensive please?
It used to cost the same entrance fee, but a portion went to gift aid. Not so any more.
It's a higher price to go in.

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm

You need to get that Tony to open a bottle & have a glass - he's definitely lusting - a bit like some people who enjoy the journey much more than when they arrive - if you follow :D

I don't do the loyalty card because I don't like the 'Big Brother' aspect of them - their profiling of you etc. I have one, Tesco's - it's the nearest to me & handy for a drop-in on the way home, & yes, the points do mount up - but I was flabbergasted two weeks ago when I was struck down with the ba$$ard awful flu that's been doing the rounds, so ordered online & at the end the message ' have you forgotten these?' - & then a whole list of what I usually pick up in store....................!!

Don't like it! At All...........

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:10 am

You feeling better, Lush?

I'd be a bit upset by suggestions like that.
Still, I've got a £2 tesco voucher burning a hole in my pocket, they do seem to be one of the best reward schemes.
I used to use tesco internet when it first came out, and got a fair few vouchers from it.

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:28 pm

I am thanks Gill ! Ruddy thing lasted three & a half weeks solid - of course I blame The Lushly who caught it from a hospital check-up - his flu lasted 4 weeks & he's had the jab! - it was unusual, we never catch each others bugs fortunately, but this was a nasty so & so......!

That Tesco thing did freak me out - I wasn't expecting it, I know it's only groceries, & some people might like a reminder of what they usually buy - but not me - a step too far!

Agree about their reward scheme tho' - they do mount up - I usually get petrol with them :thumbsup

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:57 pm

I just lucked out
Morrisons sent me a link to get bonus points if I spent £40 or more over 1 - 4 March

I made it to £38.56

I was surprised, I thought I'd bought a lot, but mainly veg and basic cleaning products, no meat fish or eggs, annoyingly eggs were the one thing I wanted that was out of stock, the £2 would have got me there

Postby Gillthepainter » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Bum bums.
I usually end up spending 70 or 80 squid, on a mission like that.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox