Register

Rhone wines

Hic I'm not as thunk as drenkle peep. Glirch.

Rhone wines

Postby Dena » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I find some Rhone wines very quaffable but I could never remember which "side of the valley" I liked and which I didn't, and had never really known why there was such a difference (well to me there is).

I watched a Christmas special programme this morning with Mary Berry, Michel Roux Jnr and Kate Goodman and she chose a Rhone wine to go with something and explained which side was which and why the taste was so different. Shows how I don't know as much as I thought I did about wine :wino except I like it. I hadn't realised that the one I liked was a mix of 2 or 3 different grapes and the North side used only syrah.

I expect lots of you knew this anyway but this post will also act as an aide memoire for me and might be of interest to someone. :chrissytree1 :balls

Re: Rhone wines

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:07 pm

I know very little about Rhone wines, except that E. Guigal is a good name and Waitrose sometimes have excellent offers on their wines ;)

Re: Rhone wines

Postby Dena » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll have to look out for that Stokey Sue - I have just googled and it is Southern Rhone and more than one grape, so it is the side of the valley I like. :thumbsup

Thank you

Return to Beverages