Register

HM Lemonade

Hic I'm not as thunk as drenkle peep. Glirch.

HM Lemonade

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

I made a couple of litres of lemonade for our tea party on Sunday and it went down well.

I simply whizz up a couple of unwaxed lemons, roughly chopped with water and a bit of sugar then strain it, add more water to taste and lots of lemon slices.

It is pretty good with a slug of vodka too.

Has anyone else got some foolproof recipes for soft summer drinks preferably ones you could use as mixers?

Re: HM Lemonade

Postby Happy Violas » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

I made pink lemonade from the Good Food magazine the other week - very nice on its own but I'm sure a slug of something added would be acceptable too :thumbsup
Mix juice & zest from 8 lemons with 200g caster sugar & 140g raspberries. Add 1.2l boiling water, stir and cool. Sieve into a jug, pushing through everything with the back of a spoon. Dilute with water etc to taste.
My daughter said it was as good as the stuff in the USA so it must've been good! :D

Postby Joanbunting » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Ooh yum

That sounds good. I do push all the bits through a sieve but never thought of raspberries. Thank you for the suggestion

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Iwas a bit surpised in Sisily they didn't seem to have an equivalent of citron presse - especially as it was hard to get anything else in Naples 38 years ago!

In Naples they called it spremuta, but ask for that in Sicily and you get fresh orange juice - nice, but not what I wanted

I had never previously encountered a lemon growing area with no no version of citron pressé

Finally in Taormina I found Selzer al limone

Recipe

Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a glass, add ice & water from a Sparklets syphone. Optionally add a pinch of salt (as many Indians do to lime soda). Sicilian lemons don't need sugar.

Return to Beverages