Register

low fat low carb

How to curb your cravings and stay away from the ice cream!

Re: low fat low carb

Postby tizmelouise » Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 am

Yes, you can get oatbran in tescos. I have it occasionally as I know it is very good for you. I just make it into porridge the same I would with normal oats, its really tasty and filling - highly recommeded in the latest diet which name alludes me at the moment! doh.

Postby jeral » Mon May 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I've also read that bran or concentrating too much on very high fibre foods can leach goodness from other foods and that it can cause constipation as apparently it swells up by the time it gets beyond the tummy.

Another thought is to eat carbs with higher nutrition content, e.g. pulses like chickpeas and lentils, sweet potato instead of plain white, so still carbs but more useful ones especially if cutting down on other things eaten.

Postby Renée » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm

I've read to avoid raw bran because it prevents nutrients from being absorbed by the body.

Don't forget beans to add to the list of healthy carbs! Beans are also a good source of protein.

Postby skegnessbear » Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 pm

just bought the book from amazon ,cant wait for it to come now!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Postby hungryhousewife » Fri May 18, 2012 12:18 am

When I had horses, I was told that too much bran leaches things like copper.
HH

Postby auntisue » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

Unfortunately had to break in to soup diet for a week whilst relative stayed with us for a week, gained 4lb!!! back on to the soup diet again. Upped exercise, fruit day, veg day, fruit and veg day
banana day, meat day, meat day, brown rice day + the soup at any time husband has lost loads
sue

Was on soup diet, relative stayed for a week so put on 4lb :shock: back on soup diet,
fruit day, veg day, fruit and veg day, bananas day, meat day, meat day, brownrice day + all the soup you can eat
sue

Postby meal5 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

Try chicken and pineapple. The sweet, savory combination satisfies without being greasy or heavy, and the secret sauce really knocks this meal out of the park

Previous

Return to Healthy Eating